Sunday, March 6, 2011


I got a great custom order for a wedding cake topper with two little birds in a nest for a lovely customer in Australia. Every order (especially custom orders) is special to me, but to be asked to be a little part of such an important day in someone's life is really special! I think I will start working on some more cake toppers to be listed in the shop soon. How great that something I made is going to be remembered for the rest of these peoples' lives!
For this piece I used two needle felted birds made of very fine merino wool, a grapevine nest, some natural moss, and a few sweet vintage forget me not millinery flowers.

2 comments:

  1. They're so sweet! And yes, what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable Mere!!! How about felting a couple peas in a pod??? I've seen those as cake toppers before but not felted and surely yours would be superior!!

    ReplyDelete